Modern Italian Interpretations of Classic Varietals
The Kris philosophy is to produce contemporary expressions of classic varietals reflective of the unique personality of Northeast Italy. Each Kris wine reflects a blend of traditional handcrafted artistry and modern winemaking technology to achieve ultimate focus and balance.
Pinot Grigio, Delle Venezie IGT
With roots in Burgundy, the Pinot Grigio grape has arguably found its home of choice in Northeast Italy. The small, pinkish-gray-skinned grape flourishes in delicate sunshine of this sub-Alpine region. Pinot Grigio has reached unparalleled quality here and surprises the palette with unique floral and spicy notes rarely found in other areas. KRIS handcrafted Pinot Grigio features a flavor profile as playful and expressive as its label suggests.
- Varietal Blend: 100% Pinot Grigio
- Appellation: Delle Venezie, Indicazione Geografica Tipica
- Wine Characteristics: Pale yellow in color with brilliant greenish reflections, enticing aromas of acacia flowers, citrus, tangerine, and hints of apricots and almonds. Kris is lean and refreshing on the palate with hints of blossom and honey.
- Food Pairings: Recommended with salad, roast vegetables, risotto, lightly flavored pastas, omelettes, quiches and grilled white meats or salmon.
Pinot Noir, Provincia Di Pavia IGT
It’s not surprising that Pinot Noir has carved out a very comfortable existence in the Apennine foothills of Oltrepò Pavese in Pavia Province, Lombardy. As in Burgundy, Lombardy’s long, mild days and cool nights gently develop the rich red fruit and earthy flavors of Pinot Noir while preserving its taut structure and acidity. As the label suggests, Franz Haas truly understands Pinot Noir’s delicate DNA and has handcrafted a highly expressive and uniquely Italian version of this varietal.
- Varietal Blend: 100% Pinot Noir
- Appellation: Provincia di Pavia, Indicazione Geografica Tipica
- Wine Characteristics: Dark ruby in color with purple hues, Kris Pinot Noir shows enticing aromas of ripe blackberries and red forest fruits. Flavors are dominated by red and black fruits, followed by subtle earthiness and firm, well-framed tannins.
- Food Pairings: Pairs exceptionally well with Speck ham and Taleggio cheese, but is also a delicious accompaniment to more casual Italian meals like pasta, pizza, and sausages.
KRIS Heart Rosso is a sensual red wine that showcases the unique characteristics of Italy's most esteemed wine growing regions, from the Alpine north to the Mediterranean south. Ripe fruit flavors are balanced by lively acidity, making this an excellent wine to enjoy with almost any type of food. Just as the label suggests, expert winemaker Franz Haas has combined modern technology and traditional winemaking artistry to handcraft an exquisite contemporary Italian red wine.
- Varietal Blend: 60% Merlot, 20% Montepulciano, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Appellation: Italian Red Wine
- Wine Characteristics: Garnet in color with intense aromas of dense blackberries, spicy currants and leather. Ripe fruit flavors are balanced by lively acidity, making this an excellent wine to enjoy with food.
- Food Pairings: Roasted meats, rich pastas, pizza, sausages and cheeses